If I would make a trend report of my blog, I think one of the top results would be chocolate!
It has been my biggest inspiration for the past couple of weeks. I’m just happy to be able to keep eating delicious chocolate treats while avoiding refined sugar.
As the title reads, today I’ll be sharing a recipe for Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. The last time I made chocolate chip cookies, which was several years ago, I failed terribly and just didn’t try it out again. It was that type of accident where you’re supposed to be baking several, but end up with one huge cookie.
Recently I found out we had some of those unsweetened dark chocolate chips left, so better put them to use. I integrate oatmeal into the mixture so that I can reduce the amount of flour I need to add and make it a tiny bit healthier. Oatmeal has been slowly but steadily making it into my latest recipes, which indicates a new trend might be coming!
The resulting cookies are light and chewy, best accompanied with a warm drink! Hope you like them…
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Sugar Free)
Ingredients (Makes 12 cookies):
80g (Spelt) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Tagatose (using NuNaturals’ PreSweet Tagatose)
5 tablespoons soft (soy) butter
Dark chocolate chips (unsweetened)
1. Mix the oatmeal in a food processor until it gains a powdery texture, this is what I usually call “oatmeal flour”.
2. In a deep bowl, combine the oatmeal and spelt flour, baking powder, salt and tagatose.
3. Add the butter, egg and combine well. You should be able to manipulate the dough with your hands.
4. Last thing you’ll add are the chocolate chips. Add as many as you like.
5. Line a baking tray with some wax paper. You can now take small portions of the dough, give them a nice cookie shape and place them on the baking tray.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and bake for 10 minutes.
Place on a rack and let them cool down before eating.
Tagged: chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, chocolate cookies, Latest, oatmeal, oatmeal cookies, sugar free, sugar free chocolate chip cookies, sugar free cookies, tagatose