With the days becoming lighter and lighter around here in Stockholm, I sure hope not to be wrong about wrapping up this winter season real soon; but as long as the cold temperatures are still around, I’m still giving extra care to my facial skin.
Last month I shared the recipe for this Winter-proof Avocado Face Mask, my favorite one when it comes to moisturizing. This time I’d like to share another favo mask in my home-made book: a Coffee and Cocoa mask for when scrubbing is needed.
From time to time, I notice some old skin residue especially in the area around the nose and that’s when this mask comes in handy.
The ground coffee will act as that scrubbing agent and a skin wake up call thanks to the caffeine. Cocoa powder adds glow and brightens up the skin. And since it’s still winter, I’ve added almond and coconut oil to prevent the skin from drying out.
A total pampering session. It was a joy removing the mask to discover how smooth my skin was feeling afterwards, I almost didn’t want to stop touching it.
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons almond oil
- Mix the coconut sugar, cocoa powder and coffee.
- Add the oils last and mix until you get a creamy texture.
- Apply a good layer over the facial skin, making sure to softly rub on the areas you want to clean up most.
- Wash off the mask with some slightly warm water - I finish it off by applying my usual face cream and some Shea butter.
Follow my daily short stories on: Instagram – Facebook – Twitter